ANJARLE TURTLE FESTIVAL 2018
Get Ready for the First Ever Batch of Anjarle Turtle Fest !!
About Anjarle Turtle Festival :
Anjarle is a small port village nestled on the coastline of Ratnagiri District which is famous for its 2 kms long stretch of white sand surrounded with Palm Trees, Kadyavarcha Ganpati and Konkani lifestyle. After the on going conservation taken at Velas, an initiative was taken by Village Gram Panchayat, Sahyadri Nisargamitra and Maharashtra Forest department to conserve Olive Ridley Turtle by protecting their eggs which was found at Anjarle shoreline.
Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment. We welcome all the nature lovers to join for this unforgettable journey of tiny olive ridley turtles.
Outing Date :
Batch 01 : 24th-25th March 2018
Batch 02 : 31st March-01st April 2018
Day 00 -Friday :
Late night departure from Dadar by 10:00 pm to Anjarle by non ac luxury bus.
Day 01 – Saturday
We will reach Anjarle by 06:30 am after a bumpy ride.. Visit Anjarle beach to witness those tiny turtle taking their first step. Post sightings, briefing session about Olive Ridley Turtle and fight for their existence. Move towards our Konkani house accommodation. Freshen Up and unload your bagpacks. Have homely breakfast and introduction session. Proceed to visit Suvarnadurg Fort. The ruins which still stand in middle of Arabian sea which is well known for its history and beautiful view Harnai Port. Back to our dwelling homestay for typical Konkani lunch. Post lunch, rest till evening. Visit Anjarle beach by evening looking for more sightings of olive ridley turtle hatching. Enjoy the group games, stories and experiences to be shared till dinner. Dinner and rest.
Day 02 – Sunday
Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles again. Post sighting session we will have breakfast and leave for well famous Temple, Kadywarcha Ganpati and Shree Keshavraj (Vishnu) and Shree Vyaghreshwar (Siva) in the sacred grooves. Lunch at Dapoli and proceed back to Mumbai. Reach Mumbai by late evening. Tour Concludes with Happy Memories
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.3,299/- per person onwards
- Accommodation in Konkani homestays on sharing basis
- Transportation from Dadar to Dadar by non-a/c private vehicle
- All Veg meals on tour
- Boat Ride Charges
- Sightseeing as per the schedule
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- All applicable taxes
1. Anythings other then above mentioned inclusions.
1. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Anjarle however turtle sightings is a natural phenomena and is matter of luck.
2. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists
3. As it is totally eco-tour, we provide accommodation in Konkani bungalow on homestay sharing basis. Food is hygienic and prepared in authentic spices by local hosts at Anjarle village, Ratnagiri.
To Customize your tour or register for the fixed departure tour, fill the form here or contact us on 8692055777 / 8652324850